For Veterans & Families
IYRS is proud of its history of educating Veterans as they transition from the military to civilian careers. As a Veteran, IYRS will help you to transform the skills you developed in the military—an ability to work with your hands, to work in teams, to problem solve, and to adapt—into a career as a highly trained craftsperson and technician.
The skills you learn at IYRS will help provide a foundation for a successful career across diverse industries including the marine trades, aerospace, wind energy, medical devices, and many others.
Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
These services assist Veterans with job training, resume writing, and job skills coaching. As a Veteran, you'll have access to personalized coaching and support as you use your skills and experience toward a career change. These resources are available to you as you work through your IYRS program of choice, giving you added support in the job search and application process.
In addition to the career training and support offered by IYRS, you can use these Voc Rehab resources to position yourself for career success in your new industry.
GI Bill® Benefits
The GI Bill exists to help to active service members and Veterans with the cost of education or vocational training. Several different bill specifications exist, and they apply towards college degree programs, technical training, apprenticeships, certification reimbursement and others. You may be eligible to tap into your GI Bill benefits and use this assistance toward your tuition or other expenses associated with IYRS, such as textbooks and school supplies.
Veterans Benefits offer specific assistance to help former service members as they adjust to civilian life and careers. You can access education benefits in addition to pension benefits, disability compensation, home loan benefits, life insurance benefits, and others.
If you need some extra assistance as you apply for Veterans Benefits, please reach out to Student Services at IYRS. We're here to help and want to make the process as smooth and simple as possible. Contact us with any questions and learn more about how to apply for Veterans Benefits here.
As a Veteran, why choose IYRS?
- We cap our enrollment to ensure each student receives the individual support he or she needs from our experienced faculty.
- IYRS is approved to certify educational benefits for eligible Veterans, including the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® and other benefits.
- IYRS provides a structured learning environment, with classes meeting from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Each part of your day has a purpose.
- Like the military, teamwork is fundamental to all we do. You will work closely in teams with other students to execute hands-on projects to their successful completion, overseen and supported by our experienced and passionate faculty.
- Our student body is diverse, from high school graduates to Veterans to career changers, and all students contribute their unique viewpoint to the learning process. The average age of IYRS students is 30.
- The skillset you’ve built through your time serving our country is directly applicable to the detail oriented and hands-on experiential model of IYRS programs.
Please contact Jill Dubnansky, Student Services Manager, at 401.848.5777 x223 to learn about using your GI Benefits for tuition.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES
GI Bill educational benefits can be transferred to a Veteran's spouse or child. IYRS will be happy to provide information on this process.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website here.