Reports to the Director of Admissions
IYRS’s mission is to empower students through immersive, hands-on learning to realize their full potential in career and in life. Through its values of excellence, curiosity and risk taking, tradition and innovation, collaboration, community and inclusivity, and respect, honesty and trust, and hands-on learning methods, IYRS is a leading post-secondary experience. Importantly, the school has achieved extraordinarily high graduation and job placement rates for graduates across a broad range of industries – from marine trades to general manufacturing and design/innovation firms building next generation technology products. IYRS students are highly sought after to fill the needs in the marine industry.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Primary functions and purpose of this position
The Admissions team, collaborating with the Marketing team, introduces prospective students to the IYRS experience. Whether it is online, on campus, or an industry event, the Admissions team is responsible for accurately describing the programs and potential outcomes for prospective IYRS students. The ultimate goals of the admission’s representative and director are twofold: deepen the awareness of the IYRS educational experience and convert prospective students to enrolled students.
The Admissions Representative is responsible for qualifying and converting prospective student leads into applicants and converting admitted students to enrolled students. Day to day this means managing communication with leads and applicants, working with the Director of Admissions in developing and deploying informational materials in coordination with the marketing team, facilitating the Admissions process, and representing the school in a wide range of recruitment and marketing events with a major focus on the high school strategies. The Admissions Representative reports to the Director of Admissions.
· Understand and represent our programs accurately to our prospective students
· Ideate and implement Admissions strategies aimed at increasing prospective student applications and enrollment with a focus on area high schools, college fairs and other locales where prospective students can be reached
· Nurture leads using multiple channels of communication
· Coordinate recruitment activities on and off campus and promotional or community-building activities with influencers, industry partners, and community members
· Facilitate relationships with high school counselors, post-secondary counselors, veteran liaisons, industry representatives, alumni and other constituents
· Coordinate with Student Services and Finance to support admitted students’ enrollment processes
· Maintain accurate and punctual data via the customer relationship management software, Hubspot
· Be available for overnight travel as well as evening and weekend events as needed
· Support organizational initiatives as assigned by the Director of Admissions
· Perform additional duties as needed
Required KSOC’s (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics)
· Natural curiosity and passion for personal growth
· Ability to self-start and work independently
· Experience in admissions, sales, customer service, or relatable field
· Exceptional communication skills via phone, email, and in-person
· Ease presenting to large groups and a knack for keeping them engaged
· Attention to detail and appreciation for well-organized data
· Experience navigating an applicant tracking system or customer relationship management platform
· Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and an eagerness to leverage technology
· A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Preferred but not required:
· Experience in admissions
$42,000 - $48,000 annual salary
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.